Last updated on May 10, 2019
Spawn respects your privacy. We want you to understand the types of information we collect, how we use that information, how we secure it, and whether we share it. When you use our websites, games, you agree to our collection, use, disclosure, and transfer of information as described in this policy, so please review it carefully.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Information We Collect or Receive
We only collect, use, share, store, or otherwise process your personal information when we have an appropriate basis. For example, we may process your personal information as necessary to provide services that are subject to terms you have accepted, such as our end user license agreements or service terms and conditions. We may process your personal information when necessary to comply with legal obligations or for purposes of pursuing legitimate interests, if doing so is consistent with your rights and appropriate to the context, such as providing services, addressing game performance, fixing bugs, performing internal analytics, and conducting reasonable monitoring of your use of our services to prevent misuse of our services and fraud. Additionally, we may, in certain cases, ask you for your consent for certain processing of your personal information.
We generally collect or receive information in three ways: (1) you voluntarily provide information to us, such as by creating an account, making purchases, or signing up for email alerts, (2) we collect information automatically, such as through cookies or our games, and (3) other parties, such as social networks, may provide information to us. Each of these methods is described in more detail below.
(1) Information You Voluntarily Choose to Provide
You may provide your personal information to us when you choose to use our websites, games or applications. Because we change our offerings and features from time to time, the options you have to provide us with information also may change. The following are some examples of situations in which you may provide information to us:
- Creating an account to use our websites, online services, software, or applications;
- Licensing and downloading our games;
- Using a social feature of our games or applications (described further in the section of this policy titled “When You Use Social Features of Our Games”);
- Purchasing something from us or otherwise engaging in a transaction with us;
- Entering online competitions or registering for or participating in special events;
- Entering contests or sweepstakes, participating in any of our promotions, or accepting any prizes from us;
- Signing up for email alerts or subscribing to receive other information from us;
- Completing a survey;
- Using a mobile device, such as a phone, to play our games or use our applications;
- Contacting us for any reason, such as by email, including for technical support or customer service.
The personal information we collect from you will vary depending on the services you are using, the website you are visiting, and how you access those services and website. The information you provide to us may include your name, your display name, and your email address(es). If you choose to make a purchase, we will not collect payment card information such as your card’s payment account number and expiration date. Sometimes we ask for your phone number, your postal address, your billing address, your date of birth, and your gender.
(2) Information Collected Automatically When You Use Our Websites, Games, and Applications
We collect some information automatically when you visit our websites or use our games, and applications. If a combination of information that we collect does identify you as an individual, we will treat the combined information as personal information. We typically aggregate the data that we collect automatically and use it in statistical form to determine trends among groups of users, rather than using it to identify individuals.
We collect information automatically through technologies such as web browsers, cookies, log files, web beacons, and our back-end servers collect usage data transmitted from our games. We use the information for purposes such as modifying or improving features, managing advertising, addressing technical issues, preventing fraud or misuse of our services, and conducting data analytics. The type of information that we automatically collect may vary, but generally includes:
- Technical information about your computer, device, hardware, or software you use to access the Internet or our services, such as IP address or other transactional or identifier information for your device (such as device make and model, information about device operating systems and browsers, or other device or system related specifications);
- Usage information and statistics about your interaction with our websites, games, which may include the URLs of our websites that you have visited, URLs of referring and exiting pages, page views, time spent on a page, number of clicks, platform type, the application you used or the game you played, how long you used or played it and when, and other usage statistics;
- Crash reports, which may be automatically generated when a game or application crashes and includes information about your system and the crash;
- Information that facilitates a safer and more personalized experience, such as your display name or other user identification provided in connection with your application use or game play, saved preferences, game progress, and device identifiers or usage information for authentication and fraud prevention purposes;
- The location of your device, such as may be derived from your device’s IP address.
Please note that if certain features on our website are provided by third parties, those third parties may also use automated means of data collection and may record information about your use of our website or others’ websites over time. These features are subject to those third parties’ privacy notices and policies.
(3) Information We Receive from Others
In some cases, other parties provide us with information about you, or allow us to collect information about you. We generally collect or receive information from other parties in four ways: (1) you use our games or applications using a website or social network, (2) you choose to use a social feature of our games or applications, (3) you purchase one of our games or applications from another party, or (4) you use our games that contain or require anti-cheat services from other parties. In some cases, we are not able to control the amount or type of information that other parties like social networks, make available to us. In those cases, we use only the data that we need to provide the types of services we think our users want and expect. Although we cannot control your privacy settings at those websites or how those other parties protect your privacy, once we receive information about you through those websites, we will treat it in accordance with this policy.
When You Use Our Games and Applications at Third Party Websites
When you use any Spawn game, application, or feature at a website not controlled by Spawn, such as a social network, that website may allow Spawn access to certain information about you. For example, social networks may provide us with information from your profile on their website such as contact information, demographics, and other information you provided to that website such as your photo, user name, and potentially any and all information that you agreed the social network or other party could provide to us when you use our games and applications.
When You Use Social Features of Our Games and Applications
When you choose to use a social feature of our games and applications, you allow Spawn to receive information about you from social networks. Our social features promote and facilitate interaction among players, such as by allowing you and your friends to work together to meet a shared challenge presented by our game or application. You may be able to use these features to find out if your friends are actively playing the game and using the feature, to find out if they used it in the past, and to invite them to join with you to meet a game challenge.
If you choose to use one of our social features, you may be asked to log into a social network through our game or application. The social network may then provide Spawn with information such as your social network user ID, your profile picture, and the user IDs and profile pictures of your connections.
When You Buy Our Games and Applications from Other Parties
We may also receive information about you from the organizations that sell our games or applications, or which provided the gaming system you use. Those parties may provide us with information regarding your account or registration, but they do not give us your payment information. Because those organizations determine what information they will collect from you, it may vary according to their services, but it is likely to include information such as your name, email address, user ID, location, and date of birth.
When You Use Our Games that Contain or Require Anti-Cheat Services from Other Parties
Certain of our games may contain or require third party anti-cheat services. These services may collect and analyze data about the game binary or your device to detect cheating and may share some of this information with us. However, these anti-cheat service providers perform anti-cheat analysis independently of Spawn or its subsidiaries and therefore are independent controllers of the data that they collect from you. If cheating is detected, these service providers will provide information to Spawn that is necessary to identify the relevant account. In addition, the service providers may make available to Spawn information to evidence the detected cheating.
How We Use and Share Information
As a general matter, we use your information to provide the services, experiences, or information you request. We also may use your information for the following purposes.
- For our legitimate interests, consistent with your rights and preferences, we use personal data:
- To communicate with you, respond to your requests, or provide you with updates and information;
- To better understand our users, their interests, and their preferences;
- To personalize your experience, save your preferences, authenticate our users, and provide similar user-experience features;
- To develop, deliver, and improve our products, services, and other offerings, some of which may be offered in partnership with other parties;
- To manage and customize advertisements or promotional offers;
- For security purposes;
- For internal purposes such as auditing and data analysis.
- To provide services that are subject to terms you have accepted, such as enforcing our licenses, agreements, and terms of service, which may include reasonable monitoring to detect and prevent misuse or fraud and to keep our games fair for all users.
- To the extent you give consent, such as when we would like to process your personal information for a purpose that would otherwise be incompatible with this policy.
- To comply with legal obligations.
We store personal information for as long as we reasonably need it to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. For example, if you register for our services and create an account, we will store your information for as long as needed to maintain your account, provide the services you requested, enforce any applicable terms that govern your use of the services, and maintain appropriate records to reflect our delivery of services to you. We may share, or provide you with opportunities to share, information about you with other users of our websites, games as described in this policy. We also provide services that allow our users to communicate with Spawn and each other, in which case personal information may be shared and account IDs may be displayed.
We may share information about you with your social network contacts when you and they use the same social features of our games and applications.
We may also disclose information about you: (i) if we are required to do so by law, legal process, or a reasonable request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials, (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity, or (iii) if necessary to protect the vital interests of another individual (such as to prevent death, bodily harm, or serious damage to property). We reserve the right to transfer information about our users in the event we sell or transfer all or substantially all our business or assets.
We provide you with choices about whether to provide us with personal information and whether it is shared. For example, we may seek your prior consent for certain processing. We are required to seek your consent before we use your personal information for any purpose incompatible with the purposes identified in this policy. You may withdraw your consent at any time by sending an email as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
We generally only ask you for personal information that is necessary to provide the services you request. You can choose not to give us the personal information we request,but then, there will be no goodies for you. 😁
Other examples of your choices include:
- You can browse our website without providing any personal information. We may collect some limited information automatically, as described above.
- You may opt out of receiving our messages at any time by using the opt-out mechanism provided in the message.
- You can change your privacy settings on other parties’ websites, such as social networks, which will stop or limit our receipt of information from those other websites. You also may choose not to use social features we make available. If you choose to use these features, you should refrain from posting personal information that will be visible to others, such as including your email address in a forum or during a chat.
- You may change your browser settings or take other steps to block, manage, or delete cookies. Not all of our online services currently respond to browser “do not track” signals, so you will need to use your browser settings to effectively manage cookies. In some cases, blocking or disabling cookies may cause our website and games not to work as intended and some features may not be available.
- You can limit interest-based advertising by opting out at www.aboutads.info/choices/ or www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. If you are located in Europe, more information is available at www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
- If you are under the age of 18 and have an account for our websites, mobile apps, games, or other online services, you may request that we remove certain content that you provided, such as deleting or editing comments you have posted. You also may ask us to assist you in removing or anonymizing content you have posted by contacting us as described in the How to Contact us section of this policy. Please be aware that taking these steps may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted on our website, online services, applications, or games. We also may not be able to remove content you post if applicable law requires us to maintain the posting or if another party has re-posted the content to a website, app, game or other online service that we do not own or control.
You may also exercise and amend your choices by sending an email to us as detailed in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Access and Correction
We provide you with the ability to request access to and correction of your personal information. You can update your account information any time through our website. If you would like to request access to or correction of your personal information, please submit your request by sending an email to the address specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below. Please include your name, email address in your request, and describe specifically the information that you would like to access or correct so that we may respond appropriately and promptly.
Security Of Data
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In some cases, your information is accessible when you log into a feature we offer, and in those cases you need to keep your user credentials and password confidential and secure so that your information is protected.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Spawn does not direct its website, games or applications to children (usually considered to be under the age of 13, depending on the country where you reside). We also do not intentionally collect personal information from children through our website, games or applications. If you are the parent or guardian of a child and you believe that we have inadvertently received personal information about that child, please contact us as described in the How to Contact Us section of this policy and we will delete the information from our records.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, if you need to report a problem, or if you would like to exercise one of your rights under this policy, please contact us:
- By visiting this page on our website: https://spawn.games/contact